[Updated 24 March 2016] By jeff – I get many enquiries quite frequently about “what hosting I use for this blog” , “which is a good place to register www domain names” and “What are some good cheap optimised wordpress themes that I can use for my wordpress blog?” . So i said, why not publish a resources page , so here it is called “resOces” .
Below you can check out all the service providers that is use for managing this blog and also my other blogs that I manage. I can say if these resources are good enough for me , then surely it is also good enough for you.
I have written many articles on this blog – that you can find helpful if you are starting a blog or website and surely enough even people who are already into blogging will find something useful.
So here are my list of resources :
Domain Names for your website
There has always been discussion about your own domain name versus a free domain ( e.g. techxxblog.blogspot.com.au), Your own domain name give you freedom to create your brand identity, move your current hosting whenever you wish too – if you have problems with your current provider and keep full control of your own blog. Domain names are not very pricey and can come as cheap at under $10 dollar for .com domain name.(you can click the above godaddy banner to get a cheap domain name)
Promo code 2. – Use our blog coupon code 5NC25 for 5% Discount on orders of $25 and over [valid until 31/12/2099]
Godaddy – is one of the world largest domain name registrar ( though its governed by US regulations . It offers you an amazing host of all inclusive domain name services, other services as well as hosting for a reasonable cost under one sign in and you can promote them as well and earn some money once you sign up. I host all my domain names on Godaddy for over 10 years.
Get a discount if available via this link
- Free Domain name – Most web-hosting services will offer you free domain name with a good hosting package. Look out for these deals when they become available.
Web Hosting for blogs / websites:
[Update best current offer : Godaddy $1 hosting offer ]
If you choose self hosted blogging options ( Mostly free like blogger and wordpress.com), buying hosting separately is not required. But if you opt for a standalone WordPress in your own hosting space (which give you full freedom of your blog design , advertising and domain ownership etc ), then you need a good web hosting service.
- Hostgator | Bluehost($3.49 a month) | Dreamhost | GoDaddy Hosting – These are all great places to start your blog with shared hosting. They have 1-click WordPress install services which will remove all hassles of installing or starting up a wordpress blog . The bandwidth Space povided for your files ( website) and customer support are all great and enough to easily host 2 to 3 or even more blogs .
- Starting a Ecommerce Store – Bigcommerce powers some of the world’s most successful online stores. They have hosted startups to billion-dollar businesses with companies in 150+ countries growing with Bigcommerce. They offer a one stop solution for your ecommerce store needs with various flexible pricing plans . The bespoke software creates beautiful and completely customizable online stores with powerful features, with the ability to sell products online with ease , process and ship orders, and track inventory, Bigcommerce has everything an online business needs. [ As part of our DigitalGrog Special deal – You can complete an online form to try Bigcommerce FREE for 15 days. Click here to try it out ]
Managed Hosting & optimised hosting
- For hostgator we have a special permanent custom coupon code which you can enter to claim your discounted hosting deal , the Coupon code is dg25percentoff . To avail of it just go to www.hostgator.com and enter the coupon code while purchasing or at the check out.
- I use Hostmonster , blue-host and hostgator hosting for my different blogs . This blog runs on hostmonster. Click here to sign up with my hosting provider hostmonster.com [ Get Hostmonster Deal Here Coupon: Gimmemore ]
- Melbourne It – Get deals Here
More Website-Hosting deals for our readers from Dreamhost
If you are a dreamer you will like these special prices called “Dreamhost deals” from dreamhost hosting .We have these deals as part of our website promotion apart from the one listed above.
Get $25 off shared hosting plans – Click here
Get$50 off Shared hosting plans- Click here
- Elegant themes, WP Zoom and Solostream are my preferred paid premium themes which are quite reasonably priced and offer value for money in terms of SEO benefits, custom design, amazing theme framework options which will work for web-masters with no design or coding experience. All these themes offer unique capabilities with different pricing plans – and you can choose whichever you like. Read our reviews on theme review.
Youtube Video review of Solostream themes ( which i use for this blog)
Here are some additional posts that i have written on bogging and reviews of resources that i have used on my blogs :
- The basics of starting a Blog
- How to buy a Domain Name and domain buying 101
- Comparison on Blog Web Hosting for Australians
- Comparison of Australian US domain registration providers
- 6 AWESOME, CHEAP PREMIUM WORDPRESS THEMES
- Solostream WP Clear WordPress theme review
- The new wordpress theme that’s truly radiant
- Starting a Blog for MakingMoney Online
— DigitalGrog (@undermarrest) October 16, 2015
Some of the links i provide here are my provider affiliate links, you do not get charged anything additional and infact will receive any current discount available through this links if you decide to purchase any service or product. Most of the resources i have mentioned here are obviously used by me and that is why i am recommend it. Those services that don’t give enough value do get a special (poor rating ) review post on my blog, so rest assured the list over her is the best of the best.
- You will need you own domain name and hosting to get started if you are not using the free service , but if you are serious about your blogging and earning money then i would suggest getting a hosting account from oneof the hosting providers below , which entitles you too free wordpress install in a few clicks from within the hosting package.
- WordPress.com ( freeVersion) – This is self hosted alternative to WordPress.org. It is easy to move your blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org once you get the hang of it or then just upgrade with domain and hosting
- Blogger – Google’s free blogging tool which isone of the easiest way to start a blog. B logger provides you with powerful blogging tools and options and its hell easy. You will get a name like xxxxx.blospot.com blog address and you have th option of getting your own custom domain names attached to the freeblog. I have also started out with blogger for blogging, but now people have so many more options and information available to just get started on a full fledged blog instead at low costs
Make Money Online with Advertising
- Google Adsense (PPC) – Google currently Offers the best pay per click (PPC) advertising to earn money just by adding a simple line of code. Bing and facebook are now getting into the competition and are good alternatives. If you have a blog or website , you can earn money on-line from whatever little traffic you have. Read more about Ad sense.
- Amazon.com (Affiliate) – You can sell products like gadgets, music, software and anything else you can imagine and get paid a good measly affiliate commission for the same. If you run a product oriented niche site, carefully embedded links can make money for you easily.
Interested In trying out PPC/Search engine Advertising ?
[Grab some Free coupons codes to get started below] – Coupon Codes You Can Use Today to Save Money
These coupons are only good for new customers.
New Business and website customers in the following markets receive free search adverting credits to help them get started:
- US – $50 in Bing Ads credit –
- Canada (English and French)- $50 in Bing Ads credit –
- UK – £50in Bing Ads credit –
- France – €50in Bing Ads credit
- Germany – €50in Bing Ads credit
- Brazil – R$60in Bing Ads credit
- Australia – $40 in Bing Ads credit –
- New Zealand – $40 in Bing Ads credit –
- India – Rs1000 in Bing Ads credit –
- Spain – €50in Bing Ads credit ( Comparo algunos servidores web australiano contra los Estados Unidos de hosting )
- Italy – €50 in Bing Ads credit (New market!) –
Promotion Australian Affiliates
I will add a extensive list of “australian affiliates” sometime later when i get the time , but right now i am testing out Commission factory that sounds quite promising . Click the banner below if you want to try it out
Have you heard of Internet Marketing – Join warrior forum over here to discuss Internet marketing with top marketers and find out latest IM and money making strategies (Its free to join)
Site Traffic Tracking
- Google Analytics – One of the best, most accurate and most powerful site traffic tracking tool out there. It is powered by Google and is totally free.
- WordPress Stats | Statcounter | google websmaster tools – I use these three accurate Stats counter to know how much traffic i get as well as anlyse the traffic and keywords used to get to my blog.
- Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin- is the ultimate SEO tool which will help you SEO your wordpress blog easily.
- SEO Ultimate WordPress Plugin – SEO Ultimate is a powerful all-in-one SEO plugin with links masking capabilities, available free for WordPress bloggers
- Aweber | Mail chimp | mOzilla thunder bird – Free and paid email marketing and list building tools are available on the internet From building professional sign up forms, to designer newsletter, Aweber and mail chimp will help to grow your email list for marketing and brand building
Disclosure: I earn commissions from some of the services (mostly web hosting) that I recommend on my blog,
Digitalgrog.com.au is a affiliate partner to most of the Hosting services and some other blog related promotion services that I have listed here on my blog and I use, which means that in addition to using their service, we also receive a commission for referring new customers. To be fair, though, we still use these services even if we weren’t an affiliate. We don’t recommend any particular host just because we’re an affiliate (every hosting company offers a similar affiliate program); we recommend certain Hosting companies because they are the best, most reliable option. Plus, because we’re a partner, these providers offers a special price for Digitalgrog readers. Get your hosting today.
Spots on the web that i randomly frequent
Sweet Forums – http://forums.digitalpoint.com
Theb Hub Aussie Entreprenuer hub – http://www.aussietycoon.com/forum.php
— DigitalGrog (@undermarrest) October 7, 2015